By way of circular dated August 26, 2021, the Chief Commissioner of Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) has issued directions regarding mandatory covid protocols to be followed by employers operating out of commercial establishments, hotels & restaurants, industries, and offices located in Bangalore.
It is significant to note that the circular requires:
- employers to ensure 100% vaccination of their staff working in the office premises at either government vaccination centers or private hospitals;
- the cost of such vaccination to be borne by the employer;
- all employees to have been mandatorily vaccinated with at least the first dose by August 31, 2021;
- vaccinated employees to maintain proof of vaccination at workplace for inspection purposes; and
- employers to ensure regular testing of their employees and staff.
Further, BBMP Marshals and Health Officials have been authorized to visit workplaces and verify compliance with the above directions, with effect from September 1, 2021. Any violation in this regard shall be punishable under Section 188 of the Indian Penal Code, 1860.