- Banking & Finance
- Bankruptcy & Insolvency
- Capital Markets
- Competition / Antitrust
- Compliance & Investigation / White-Collar Crime
- Dispute Resolution
- E-commerce & Retail
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Financial Services & FinTech
- Healthcare and Life Sciences
- Information Technology & Business Process Outsourcing
- Infrastructure & Project Finance
- Intellectual Property
- International Trade / WTO
- Media & Entertainment
- Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, General Corporate
- Private Client Practice
- Private Equity
- Real Estate
- Regulatory Practice & Securities Laws
- Technology, Media & Telecoms
Infrastructure & Project Finance
AZB & Partners’ leadership position in this space is a result of its wide range of services, extensive experience and deep expertise related to matters, such as high profile green and brown field projects. The Firm has helped its clients harness the massive potential of the sector by developing strategic, relevant and commercially viable solutions.
Our team’s unique strengths in litigation and dispute resolution, funds and capital markets has made us the preferred, one-stop counsel for all legal matters at any stage of the life cycle of a project.
We have advised on projects in the power (conventional, renewable and nuclear), oil and gas (up-stream, mid-stream and down-stream) mines and metals (including coal), roads, major and minor ports, shipping, airports, urban infrastructure and railways sectors. The Firm and its members have been Project Counsels, Lenders’ Counsels, EPC Counsels and Counsel for Utilities for several independent power projects, telecommunications and airport projects. We have also worked closely on the set up of Special Economic Zones and LNG projects.
Our work includes:
- Drafting, negotiation and finalising documentation in relation to infrastructure projects, whether turnkey in nature or otherwise
- Advising on mergers and acquisitions
- Advising on raising of sponsor and debt capital
- Advising on rendering and procurement
- Advising on sale and refinancing of the assets
- Due diligence, risk analysis and mitigation
Our clients include various domestic and international stakeholders including the Government of India, various Indian state governments, their agencies and undertakings, banks, non-banking finance companies, multilateral financial institutions, project sponsors, investment funds, contractors and project developers. We have also assisted our clients on infrastructure and energy ventures in various jurisdictions outside India, such as Africa, Indonesia, Australia and South America.