- Banking & Finance
- Bankruptcy & Insolvency
- Capital Markets
- Competition / Antitrust
- Compliance & Investigation / White-Collar Crime
- Dispute Resolution
- E-commerce & Retail
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Financial Services & FinTech
- Information Technology & Business Process Outsourcing
- Infrastructure & Project Finance
- Intellectual Property
- International Trade / WTO
- Media & Entertainment
- Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, General Corporate
- Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology
- Private Client Practice
- Private Equity
- Real Estate
- Regulatory Practice & Securities Laws
- Technology, Media & Telecoms
AZB & Partners’ Real Estate practice has consolidated its position as a market-leading group through work on projects across the entire real estate spectrum and a steadfast commitment to deliver effective and solution-oriented counsel.
The Firm is able to equip its clients with the kind of solutions that aligned with the Government of India’s sector-specific policies governing the sector. We continue to be involved in some of the largest and most complex transactions in the Indian real estate space.
Our team assists investors, lenders and real estate developers on all aspects of transactions including on investments, joint ventures, disposition matters, as well as in financing and restructuring of debts. We advise on foreign investments and joint ventures in various sector verticals including in mixed-use projects and in residential, commercial office, mall and warehousing and special economic zone projects.
Our clients include sovereign funds, pension funds, private equity funds and foreign and domestic investors and companies. The Firm also routinely advises clients on real estate legal and regulatory aspects in the course of leasing, licensing, joint development, mortgage and acquisition transactions. We also collaborate with a network of counsels to identify local regulatory issues that impact immovable properties.
Our work includes:
- Advice on entry strategy for potential investors in the real estate sector and structuring of investment instruments including on waterfall structures and exits
- Drafting, review and negotiation of joint venture agreements, investment agreements, shareholders agreements, project management contracts and other services contracts
- Title diligence of the underlying property and issuing reports
- Advising on purchase, leasing, licensing arrangements, sale and lease-back arrangements
- Formulation of joint development agreements and similar arrangements for development of property
- Advice on the applicable local regulations including land-use regulations, zoning regulations, stamp duties and registration formalities