TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
From weekly knowledge exchanges and exposure to a wide variety of expertise, from tailored skill upgrades to workshopping soft skills, the approach to training and development at the Firm is systematic, consistent and holistic. It also extends beyond our employees to benefit our clients.
Our Knowledge Management team drives the exchange of knowledge and learning within the Firm, integrating knowledge and technology and developing practice resources in a three-pronged strategy:
- Legal training with an emphasis on interactive learning/ experiential exercises;
- Skills training, including negotiation, presentation, writing, business development and technology; and
- Knowledge and deal experience-sharing sessions among partners.
- Our intensive one-week orientation for first year lawyers covers both legal and skills training to give them a career jumpstart. In 2020, COVID-19 didn’t stop us from adapting to sessions online over a three- month period.
- We undertake weekly knowledge sessions on a range of legal and business topics and developments, which are tailored based on practice areas and post-qualification experience.
- Our lawyers benefit from an extensive roster of trainers and speakers, from specialist partners within the Firm to economists, tax experts, business leaders and judges to share their subject-area expertise on legal and commercial aspects.
- As part of the AZB Leadership Lecture Series, we invite eminent speakers to share their valuable insights and inspiring life lessons.
- Our lawyers regularly conduct webinars and external knowledge sessions for clients.
PAST SESSIONS: A SELECTION
- Representations, Warranties and Indemnities
- How to Read Financial Statements
- Basic Concepts of Tax for M&A
- ‘SMF and EMF Reporting’, ‘Recent Amendments to the ECB Framework’ by Citibank
- ‘Indian Union Budget and How It Will Enhance Investments in India’ by DBS Group
- ‘RBI Series 1 – Navigating RBI, Interpretations and Enforcement’ by Mr. G. Padmanabhan (former Executive Director at the Reserve Bank of India)
- RBI Series 2 - Key M&A Considerations involving RBI Regulated Entities
- ‘Important Tax Issues for IBC Deals’ by Hiten Kotak and Nilesh Mody, PW
- Landmark Judgments in Securities Laws
- ‘Emerging trends in Digital Banking’ by Yes Bank
- Enforcement of Foreign Arbitration Awards
- ‘Analysis of the Indian Budget 2020’ by DBS Group
- IBC: Recent Developments
- Force Majeure & Covid-19 Implications
- FDI in e-Commerce
- ‘Taxation of a Deal: Basic Concepts’ by E&Y Consulting
- ‘Investing in the Covid-19 World: Markets and Investment Opportunities for Individuals’ by Julius Baer
- Succession Planning for Private Clients – Key Issues
- ‘India Macro/India Economic Outlook, FEMA/ Non Debt Regulations/ ECB, Capital Market Escrow Structures and FPIs’ by Citibank
- ‘M&A Insurance’ by Anviti Insurance Brokers
- ‘Investment Strategies and Outlook on Economy Earnings and Asset Classes’ by ICICI Bank
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) - Managing Risks and Enhancing Value
- Introduction to FinTech Regulations
- ‘FEMA / Foreign Exchange Issues’ by HSBC Bank
- Multiple workshops with Mr. Chris Saul, former Senior Partner, Slaughter & May
- Negotiation Skills, Client Communication Skills with Dr. Claudia Winkler, The Negotiation Academy
- Our Firm’s Purpose and Core Values with Mr. Bahram N. Vakil
- Accounting & Finance by Prof. Raghu Iyer, AFCL
- Reviewing Client Meetings by Kevin Legg and Stephen Gonzalez, SAGE
- Legal Writing by Dr. Josh Lange, Advanced Language Institute
- ‘Corporate Law and Compliance in 2020: Challenges & Learnings’ co-hosted with CII
- Thought Leadership Series
- ‘Effectively Navigating the Arbitral Process – A Practical Approach for In–House Counsel’ by Wilmer Hale and AZB
- Tech-Fins: Technology & Banking: Moderated by Zia J. Mody, G. Padmanabhan and Arundhati Bhattacharya
- AZB Leadership Lecture by Justice Srikrishna (ex Supreme Court of India)
- AZB Leadership Lecture by Uday Kotak, Managing Director, Kotak Mahindra Bank